Green tea is a type of tea that is made from the Camellia Sinensis plant. Many varieties of the tea exist depending upon growth conditions, production process, and time of harvest. While this tea type originated in China, it has now spread to many countries across Asia.
Tons of research supports that green tea is one of the healthiest beverages out there. It’s packed with antioxidants and nutrients that can support you mentally and physically. But what does that do to help your everyday health exactly? We’re focusing on specific health benefits for why making Green Tea a part of your daily routine is a smart idea.
- Green Tea reduces DNA damage. Powerful antioxidants found in this tea known as catechins trap harmful molecules that contribute to aging.
- It will keep your teeth intact. Smile! The natural antibiotic effects of Green tea kills bacteria in the mouth, including teeth too!
- Green tea stimulates blood cells. For those with active lifestyles, drinking this tea can support stronger endurance and help your cells recover quicker after a workout.
- It delays brain decline. Green tea prevents the buildup of abnormal proteins, breaking them down and then creating new neurons for the brain. The area of the brain used for working memory is also known to have increased activity from consuming this tea type.
- Your risk of heart disease is lowered. Antioxidants improve blood flow & reduce chemicals that can cause heart inflammation.
- Supports a slimmer waist line. Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
These are just a handful of reasons why this tea is transformative to your overall health. If you’d like to try our green tea blends, you can check out our full selection, here.